- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
POSITIONS OPEN FOR ALL LEVELS (Junior-Mid-Senior - Lead and Supervisors)
We are looking for animators who are well versed in all aspects of feature animation development, who are passionate and skilled enough to join us in creating an incredibly exciting high-end international feature film.
You will need to inspire and create stylized animation that would require deep knowledge in cartoony as well as semi-realistic style of animation.
Animation Essentials & other must have skills
- Should have a commanding grasp of, and ability to execute on the artistic fundamentals of Animation.
- Knowledge about realistic body mechanics related to humans and animals.
- Good sense of acting, character performance and the ability to shoot references for study purpose.
- Experience in cartoony as well as semi-realistic style of animation is a must.
- Good understanding of camera, lens, cinematography and composition rules.
- Experience with animating bipeds & quadrupeds.
- Should be able to quickly adapt to the required animation styles & do proper scene planning.
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Should be fluent in the use of Maya, Photoshop, and other supporting software / tools / hardware used on the project, and the ones commonly used throughout the studio.
- Troubleshoot technical issues when needed.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
- Previous experience with Feature pipeline
- Drawing skill and 2D classical animation experience
- Knowledge about any other animation programs
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Mikros Animation, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
- Junior Artist
- Senior Artist
Based on the quality of your Demo Reel, Test & Interview Performance, and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation. Our current requirements are for Senior Animators.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.