Head of Animation
Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC’s global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
The Head of Animation is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic management of the department. You will be responsible for the creative output and long term vision of Animation workflows.
• Managing of the London Animation team
• Manage the training and integration of new artists into the existing team
• Assign appropriate teams to the various projects
• Nurture creative vision and technical ability
• Assess the performance of your team
• Work closely with your Department Manager
Strategy and technical development:
• Have a compelling strategy and vision for the future of the department
• Keep up to date with industry developments and tools
• Ensure the department remains relevant in an ever changing global industry
• Propose / oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques
• Plan accordingly for the successful and efficient delivery of shows
Show planning and delivery:
• Work with lead artists, supervisors and producers to bid / plan shots
• Communicate with other departments, show production and management
• Ensure that work is delivered to MPC's global standards
• Complete shot work when needed, and lead by example
• Ensure project methodologies, quality and schedule expectations are consistent and achievable
• Step in where required to aid in the supervision of pitches and/or small shows
• Run dailies sessions when a supervisor is unavailable to do so
• Meet with clients to provide guidance at the beginning of shows
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exercise patience, problem-solving and mediation skills
- Ability to cope with challenging situations with composure
- Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse organization
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Strong sense of aesthetic
- Excellent team building skills
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of financial impacts of business decisions
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.