Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the Head of Pipeline, the Technical Directors (TD) are involved in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led by TD Character Lead, TD CFX specializes in CFX manufacturing workflow issues in Maya. He works closely with the Character division (dedicated to film production) which includes modeling character, rig and CFX.
- Develop Maya tools to accelerate the daily work of artists
- Automate tasks to improve production speed
- Check that tools are functioning properly
- Help artists solve technical problems
- Define specifications for development
- Write the tools and code documentation
- Create and update existing tools
- Maintain good communication with the Paris development team
- Proven experience in an animation studio or in VFX.
- Good knowledge of Maya software
- Good knowledge of Python and PySide/PyQt
- Experience as a CFX artist and knowledge in Katana is a big asset
- Experience in solving pipeline problems
- Knowledge of Shotgun is recommended
- Motivated, adaptable and resourceful
- Rigorous, autonomous and organized
- English skills
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.