CG Supervisor - Expression of Interest
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. We are always interested in hearing from you! If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are currently looking for talented CG Supervisors (or experienced CG Leads) looking to create high-end VFX for Advertising projects. We have a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects. Our CG Supervisors oversee all aspects of 3D production and work closely with creatives, directors, and clients to exceed all project demands.
- Leading teams of CG artists creating 3D content for a variety of projects
- Contributing on-the-box as a generalist or specialist where needed
- Driving creative excellence of 3D content from concept through delivery
- Working with global offices and vendors to extend team capabilities
- Breaking down and quoting on complex VFX projects
- Attending shoots and supervising VFX requirements on-set
- Attending client meetings from initial pitches and concepts, through to project completion
- Nurturing junior talent within the 3D department including helping with technical and creative problems and passing on knowledge when necessary
- Fostering a supportive, productive environment on project teams and within the company
- Experience in the production of high-end 3D VFX for advertising (5+ years preferred)
- Good teamwork and excellent communication skills, within the VFX team and with Producers, Directors, and clients
- Familiarity with bidding projects
- Extensive experience in both Houdini and Maya preferred
- Ability to lead disciplines including 3D modeling, rendering, animation, texturing, lighting, shading, effects and rigging
- Familiarity with renderers such as Arnold (or similar)
- Experience with on-set supervision
- Design-oriented with strong aesthetic sensibility, good use of color, clean typography, and attention to detail.
The salary for this full-time staff position is: $160,000 - $175,000 per year which is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law.
Interested in working with our team at The Mill? We love connecting with passionate talent, so even if you feel you may not meet the given requirements or your salary expectation is outside the provided pay range, please apply as we may be able to find an opportunity on our team that aligns with your background and career goals.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.