Lighting Artist | Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Mutant Mayhem (Nickelodeon)
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
As part of an international animated feature film, Mikros Animation is looking for several Lighting Artists to join its multi-skilled team!
Under the supervision of the Lead and the Lighting Supervisor, the Lighting Artist's mission is to lighten the shots assigned to him while ensuring their technical and visual quality. He is also responsible for the preparation of his scenes, their rendering and their delivery. He relies on both solid technical skills and an aesthetic sense to produce images in accordance with the artistic vision of the project.
Its tasks consist of:
- Be able to recover existing lighting and adapt it to the needs of the shot while maintaining the visual continuity of the sequence
- Bring artistic sensibility and technical proficiency
- Ensure that the retakes requested by the supervisor/lead are properly taken into account and executed
- Respect the quotas and objectives given by the production and the supervisor in order to deliver on time the plans for the presentations and the deliveries
- Organize his work and prepare presentation elements for validations/reviews in shotgun
- Know how to work in a team, like to exchange, learn, share his know-how, his experience and his knowledge of tools and production
- Knowledge of Arnold and rendering layers
- Knowledge of Nuke and ideally the AOV system
- Rigor, autonomy and ability to work in a coherent and orderly manner
- Taste of teamwork and exchange on his work
- Be proactive and know how to adapt
- Previous experience as a Lighting Artist on animated feature film and/or animated television series projects
... And appreciated Assets:
- Knowledge of Katana
- Python scripting concepts
- Be comfortable with the Linux environment
- Knowledge of Shotgrid
- Be comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
Salary & Contract
Place of work: Paris, France
Remuneration according to profile
Refund of 75% on Paris Public Transport on presentation of proof
Restaurant tickets: € 9.35 / day
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Start date: ASAP
Please note that male generic is used for the purpose of lightening the text.
Mikros Animations subscribes to the principle of employment equity.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.