- Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The CG Lighter is a talented artist who can perform look development and scene building / shot lighting tasks. This artist should be capable of creating and completing high-quality work without close supervision but can also thrive in an open environment where training and helping other artists is encouraged. You must use best practices and techniques for creating clean and efficient shading networks, light rigs, render layers and lighting comps. You will work with other department artists within the CG department to ensure that there is a continuous pipeline/workflow, including cooperating with Lighting artists at The Mill's other offices around the world.
- Create HDRIs, light rigs using grey chrome balls and Macbeth charts
- Lookdev assets, scene building, shot lighting, create/maintain lighting comps
- Lighting and rendering photo-real and stylized CG for advertising and digital projects
- Working closely with other CG/VFX Artists, across multiple locations to deliver the highest quality work
- Taking on more generalist CG work when needed
- Previous experience in Lighting and Rendering CG for advertising, feature film or animation production.
- Experience using Maya / Arnold / Nuke, experience with Houdini and Mantra is a plus.
- Strong understanding of a VFX lighting production pipeline
- Good communication skills to enable you to work well in a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Some more generalist CG/VFX skills would be a real benefit
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.