TCS Academy - Crowd
TCS Academy is a virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MEANS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A ROLE IN BANGALORE AFTER COMPLETING THE VIRTUAL COURSE
The Crowd Artist will strife to achieve the highest quality possible within the given timeline. They should be flexible, be able to multi-task, trouble-shoot, and add creative value in all areas through development and design. In the Academy, they will use their ability to implement and accomplish tasks as per the schedule and curriculum delivered by the trainer.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Crowd Artist Trainee include:
- Strive to create the most realistic motion possible
- Collaborate and communicate with trainers and other artists
- Troubleshoot creative/technical issues as they arise.
- Attend course sessions including dailies and address feedback provided
- Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and strong ethics
- Engage in continuous learning
- Submission of assignments by deadlines
What we offer
You are applying to join the Crowd Academy. The course facilitates trainees to engage in a 10-week program, whether it’s working out areas of your game that need practice or introducing you to new techniques.
- Intro to Houdini
- Intro to SOP's
- Intro to VEX
- Intro to CHOP's
- Particle System
- Crowd System: locomotive agents; Agent Building; Crowd Source; Crowd Solver; Transitions; Crowd Forces; Crowd avoidance; Agent layering; Flocking
- Quadruped crowd system
- Ragdoll Dynamics
An online course of 10 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first class Crowd simulations and includes:
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- You will be hired as an employee (paid) during this program. After completing this course, if qualified you will move on the floor in one of Technicolor's VFX studios.
- Recent graduates of Bachelor’s in art, animation, game design or illustration. Other graduates with basic animation knowledge can also apply.
- Good knowledge of Houdini.
- Possesses a broad creative skill set that encompasses facets of a VFX crowd production.
- Good understanding of crowd simulation software (Houdini, Massive, etc...)
- Good understanding of rigging, motion capture, animation and in particular their relationship to Crowds.
- Strong artistic aptitude for crowds and other types of physically based motion.
- Exercise a high level of focus, communication and knowhow in a fast-paced production environment
- All applicants will be asked to complete a standardized skills test.
- Strong understanding of Motion builder.
- Solid Vex, Python / C++ experience desired.
Applying: Please apply with your demo reel and CV attached.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.