- Adelaide SA, Australia
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories.
MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
Crowd Artists populate scenes with large amounts of agents in Houdini. This ranges from huge battlefields and sprawling cities, to animal herds, flocks of birds and fish, epic space battles, zombie apocalypses and everything in between!
Reporting to the Crowd Lead and show Supervision, your main tasks will be:
- Setting up crowd agents and clips for shot creation
- Populating and choreographing scenes using proprietary Houdini tools and work flows
- When necessary, create Houdini simulations for more complex behaviors
- Create dailies to review and follow creative and technical feedback
- Release approved crowd to the pipeline for other departments to pick up
- Work with other Crowd Artists to create great looking shots in a smart and efficient manner
- A solid knowledge of Houdini
Any of the following technical skills are a bonus
- A background in crowd simulation methods
- Technical background using Python and VEX
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
- Experience in a VFX production pipeline
- Simulation experience
- Problem solving skills
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MPC we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
- Key Artist
- Technical Artist
- Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.