Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, offering front end services through to final picture for feature, long-form episodic and traditional episodic animation. Thanks to our global capabilities, we adapt our scale to always serve every project in the best possible way.
We believe great animation is about making connections with real people. To ignite connection and to make images unforgettable, we unite with filmmakers to tell their stories. We embrace our clients’ creative ideas in our culture of collaboration, making our studios the home of the projects we are entrusted with. We help filmmakers define and develop their vision from script up to screen to make every project a unique one. We craft striking CG animation and we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level, at the highest creative quality and best price possible.
In less than ten years, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality episodic shows for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
Mikros is seeking 3D character animators who have a passion for performance, action, and design sensibilities. In our fast-paced studio, candidates will thrive as part of our team under the direction of the Animation leadership team, collaborating to achieve the Director’s vision. Committed to creating high quality animation and great performances, our current project offers many fun and creative challenges.
Animators' responsibilities will be to animate compelling performances within assigned shots. A strong sense of 2D design, facial animation, and body mechanics (realistic and cartoony) are preferred and should be demonstrated in a demo reel.
· Work from the storyboard/layout and create feature level, key-framed animation
· Collaborate with Animation Leads and Director to find great performances
· Hit animation deadlines established by production
· Be an active part of dailies and rounds
· Contribute to building shared assets such as the animation library and character rigs
· College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics/3D animation;
· More than 3 years or more than 5 years of proven work experience in 3D animation using MAYA in a film production/animated TV series
· A strong background in feature CG character animation, 2D animation and drawing/design skills, a plus
· Strong understanding of the principles of 2D cartoony animation as well posing, timing, weight and facial expressions
· Ability to understand and effectively interpret a storyboard and the Director’s feedback
· Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use custom tools
· Knowledge of RV and Shotgun useful
· An eye for whacky, cartoony animation, being ok with bending and breaking animation rules
· A Team player and has excellent communication skills
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
• Lead / Principal Artist
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.