Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, offering front end services through to final picture for feature, long-form episodic and traditional episodic animation. Thanks to our global capabilities, we adapt our scale to always serve every project in the best possible way.
We believe great animation is about making connections with real people. To ignite connection and to make images unforgettable, we unite with filmmakers to tell their stories. We embrace our clients’ creative ideas in our culture of collaboration, making our studios the home of the projects we are entrusted with. We help filmmakers define and develop their vision from script up to screen to make every project a unique one. We craft striking CG animation and we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level, at the highest creative quality and best price possible.
In less than ten years, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality episodic shows for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
- High consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Finds ways to improve the sequence, not just individual shot. More dynamic action and/or emotion of shot is great, but sometimes simple changes have an even bigger impact.
- Offers story suggestions but understands client limitations.
- High level of knowledge of camera and lenses.
- Excels at lens flare, glow and shadow cards.
- Able to modify more complex models and textures to complement their shots.
- Able to create simple models and textures to complement their shots.
- High level of animation, fx, camera, comping and lighting.
- Rigging: basic knowledge and problem-solving capabilities (does not mean you must create new custom rigs).
- Ability to operate independently with little or no supervision at all while producing a large amount of work.
- Proven ability to assist newer artists that are working alongside them.
- Starting to anticipate client revisions before they are given.
- Able to identify and communicate potential problems clearly to the Lead/Supervisor accurately before they become a concern for the client, as well as offer solutions.
- Planning and organizing – ability to work on a number of priorities and turn around shots in a timely manner.
- As a Previs Senior – you should have basic knowledge of Postvis comparable to a Junior to Mid level Postvis Artist or above.
Shot quota expectation:
2-4 Simple shots per day / OR 1-2 medium complex shots per day / OR 1 complex shot per day / OR 1 extremely complex shot every 1- 2 days.
- Strong understanding of Camera Data and lenses.
- Understands Edge Processing of mattes for better integration of elements.
- Understands creative ways to take the “edge” off of CG renders.
- Is able to showcase creative problem solving on problematic shots the client wants to use.
- Can composite complicated shots.
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.