- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
The Fx Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of FX Artists in the creation and execution of effects such as particle systems, fluids, dust, destruction, smoke, fire, cloth and simulations.
- Supervise the Effects team by giving aesthetic, methodological and technical advice
- Ensure the effects respect time and budget constraints, as well quality levels and standards requested by the CG Supervisor, Director and Art Director
- Address technical issues, identify best practices and approaches as needed
- Work closely with production to ensure the effects are delivered on time
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor, Director and Animation Director to meet visual requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ production experience and 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Expert in Houdini, Maya, Real Flow and Arnold
- Good knowledge in Python
- Strong knowledge of effects techniques such as particle systems, scattering tools, smoke, fire, dust, explosions and fluids
- Proficient skills in technical problem solving
- Experience in full CG feature films is a strong asset
- Leadership and strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Ability to work from Art direction and have creative input
- Knowledge of Katana would be a plus
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.