TD Character Modeling
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Technical Director (TD) participates in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and supported by the Lead TD Character, the TD Modeling Character is specialised in character manufacturing workflow issues in Maya. It works closely with the Character division (dedicated to film production) which includes character modelling, rig and CFX.
- Develop tools and associated procedures to support the character creation process
- Understand the artistic requirements of the film, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
- Supporting the Character teams in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
- Develop the Mikros Animation “Tools Box” of the Character Modeling (including facial tools)
- Test and validate new versions of tools,(Maya/ proprietary software), in an active production environment
- Liaise with the software team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Understand the processes of neighbouring departments in the production chain to those of Characters and provide them with the necessary assistance to ensure the efficiency and quality of the tools used
- Create and update the technical documentation of the tools developed.
- Work closely with the character modeling, rig, CFX and animation teams and other TDs
- Implement effective strategies that will meet the requirements of the character department
- Work in accordance with Mikros Animation’s coding style to ensure the readability of the code produced
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Previous experience as a TD on animated feature films, animated TV series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Understanding of the modeling and rig departments
- Knowledge of Maya
- Ability to review code and resolve related issues as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available and proprietary software tools
- Ability to organise work effectively and prioritise requests from artists while meeting expected production deadlines
- English language skills
- Ability to adapt your technical and artistic discourse to the people you are addressing
- Ability to work as part of a team and to share your knowledge
… Additionnal assets :
- Knowledge of character building, geometric deformations, technical language specific to rig
- Coding in C++
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.