Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, Technical Directors (TD) are involved in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and supported by TD Environments Lead, the TD Environments specializes in decor manufacturing workflow issues in Maya. He works closely with the artistic teams of the productions
- Develop tools and associated procedures to support decor creation processes
- Understand the artistic requirements of the film, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
- Support Environment teams in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
- Enhance the Mikros Animation ‘Tools Box’ of its departments.
- Test and validate new versions existing tools in an active production environment
- Liaise with the Softwares team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Understand the processes of the neighbouring departments in the production line to those of the environments and provide them with the necessary help to guarantee the efficiency and quality of the tools used
- Create and update technical documentation of developed tools.
- Work closely with production teams and other TDs
- Implement effective strategies that will meet the requirements of the Environments Division
- Work by following the coding style
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Previous experiences as a TD on animation feature film, animation television series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Understanding of modeling environments departments
- Knowledge of Maya
- Ability to review code and resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available software tools and proprietary software tools
- Ability to organize work effectively and prioritize requests made by artists while meeting expected production deadlines
- Practice of English (written & oral), including technical English
- Know how to adapt your technical and artistic discourse according to the people you are addressing
- Work as a team and share your knowledge
… Additionnal assets :
- Coding in C++
- Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.