Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
- Work with the Rigging Lead/Supervisor to establish a rig that fully supports an animation style that reflects the tone of the film, and maintain the style throughout the film;
- Work to create top quality body and facial rigs that meet the desired quality and style;
- Work closely with the Animation Team to ensure that the productions’ needs are understood and met, and that animators have fast, efficient, intuitive puppets;
- Create and adjust rigging standards;
- Provide creative ideas and solutions for the film on both a visual and technical level;
- Be a key contributor to create an engaging animated film of top quality, while managing and reducing the complexities of production;
- Be able to flag and solve potential problems to stay on schedule;
- Good knowledge in anatomy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of CG, pipeline and associated software/plugins
- Experience in a variety of Maya rigging techniques, and the ability to optimize performance of rigs
- Advanced hero character rigging experience with a Maya based pipeline
- Must be able to take direction
- Expert in Maya, with strong skills in MEL and Python scripting
- Good communication skills are and excellent team player
- A creative problem-solver
- Knowledge in c++ is a plus
- Experience in cartoony project is a plus
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.