TD Shading Lighting Rendering Compositing (SLRC)
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, Technical Directors (TD) are involved in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and accompanied by the Lead TD, TD Shading Lighting Rendering Compositing (SLRC) specializes in shaders, lighting, rendering and compositing workflow issues. He works closely with the Image division (dedicated to film production) which handles those departments.
- Develop tools and associated procedures to support image creation processes
- Understand the artistic requirements of the film, as well as the technical processes and manufacturing tools that will enable them to be met
- Support the teams of the Shading division in solving daily problems through the right communication channels
- Enhance the ‘Tools Box’ Mikros Animation of the Shading/Texturing, Lighting, Rendering and Compositing departments.
- Test and validate new versions of existing tools (Maya / Substance suite (Designer Painter) / Katana / Mari / Photoshop / Nuke / proprietary software), all in an active production environment.
- Liaise with the Softwares team to ensure compliance with internal practices
- Understand the processes of the neighbouring departments in the production line and provide them with the necessary help to guarantee the efficiency and quality of the tools used
- Create and update technical documentation of developed tools.
- Work closely with artistic teams and other TDs
- Implement effective strategies that will meet the requirements of the Surfacing division
- Work by following the Mikros Animation coding style allowing a good readability of the product code.
- Strong knowledge of Python development
- Previous experiences as a TD on animation feature film, animation television series and/or VFX feature film projects
- Understanding of Surfacing department.
- Knowledge of Maya / Substance suite (Designer Painter) / Katana / Mari / Photoshop / Nuke
- Ability to review code and resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to quickly understand the use of commercially available software tools and proprietary software tools
- Ability to organize work effectively and prioritize requests made by artists while meeting expected production deadlines
- Practice of English (written & oral), including technical English
- Know how to adapt your technical and artistic discourse according to the people you are addressing
- Work as a team and share your knowledge
… Additional assets :
- Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methods
- Coding in C++
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.