Animator - Episodic
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Animators are responsible for producing high-quality animated performance for our high-end episodic shows and games.
We are looking for disciplined and artistic individuals with a firm grasp on animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. To be a successful Animator, you should be adaptable, creative, and receptive to direction. You should have strong communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
If you are passionate about animation and you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike performances with the use of Maya, then we want to hear from you!
Animation Essentials & other must have skills
- Should have a commanding skill and ability to execute on the artistic fundamentals of Animation.
- Should have a great understanding of realistic body mechanics
- Good sense of Character acting
- Experience with animating Bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures
- Good understanding of Camera, lens, cinematography, and composition rules
- Should be able to quickly adapt to various animation styles
- Ability to do proper scene planning by shooting self-acting videos as well as collecting appropriate references for each new task.
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Should be fluent in the use of Maya, Photoshop, and other supporting software and tools.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
- Previous experience with Animation & Games pipeline
- Drawing skill and classical animation experience
- Knowledge in Other animation program
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
- Junior Artist
- Senior Artist
Based on the quality of your Demo Reel, Test & Interview Performance, and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation. Our current requirements are for Senior Animators.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.