Business Development Assistant
- Culver City, CA, USA
Technicolor Pre-Production is a quickly growing studio with a focus on visualization. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries. Some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies The Lion King, Cruella, Detective Pikachu, and Blade Runner 2049.
The Business Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the smooth day to day running of the department. Reporting to the Global Head of Business Development and working with the Business Development EPs and the other members of the Business development team (MPC Film, MPC Episodic and MR.X)
- Organize meetings, both internal and client facing. Ensuring appropriate space is reserved or conferencing details have been shared, materials are prepared and setting up calendar invites using Outlook for the meeting itself and any prep meetings required.
- Manage calendars for Head of Department, Biz Dev Eps and the department calendar
- Coordinate daily schedule for bids in progress by collating projects in bidding, shows that need finance approval and arranging final P&L meetings
- Handle vacation requests for the team, ensuring requests are authorized by the head of department and shared with HR
Meetings-Notes and Agendas
- Ensure that department meetings have a clear agenda and that this is circulated in advance of meeting start
- Attend client meetings and take notes and distribute accordingly in a timely fashion, clearly outlining key points and action items.
- Minute taking for daily internal meetings, listing action points and tracking day to day.
- Act as primary contact with Hubspot support team to raise tickets etc.
- Create log ins for new hires and new users as approved by the Department Head
- Conduct trainings for new hires and new users for HubSpot
- Conduct daily checks on Deals and Contacts to ensure that the system is being kept up to date and follow up with the team for entries on a weekly basis
- Create and maintain training sheets for best practice use of Hubspot
- Conduct quarterly reviews of properties with the Business Development Controller
- Provide recommendations to improve the CRM data collection
- Ensure access is removed for leavers or where role no longer requires visibility
New Hire Onboarding
- Ensure systems are notified of new hires in advance for machine and desk set up
- Create first month onboarding schedule to be published on first day in partnership with the new hires direct manager
- Be first point of contact for new hires during their first weeks to help trouble shoot
- Assist new members with cell phone applications, concur set up, Amex applications etc.
- Keep Business Development SharePoint up to date as key source of information for new hires
- Help all departments coordinate and track film credits
- Assist as needed with creating or editing shot inputs for projects bid breakdowns
- Assist with tracking and following up on NDA sent to the Legal Department
- Client Mapping as needed
- Create and publish Daily Industry Update new email for circulation
Day to Day
- Coordinate department technology issues and liaise with the local systems team to help resolve issues quickly
- Distribute scripts in line with policy at Business Development Managers request.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing materials, working closely with our Data IO team.
- Assist with department expenses using the Concur system.
- Assist with client billing using Coupa, working closely with the EP for LA on reimbursing expenses and billing back to clients as needed. Keeping records of per diems, receipts, and all other required documentation.
- Assist with travel arrangements for our Supervision team, working with our travel team and agents to book flights and accommodation as needed and keeping records for invoicing to client.
- Responsible for organizing client delivery gifts
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint in particular.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Resourceful self-starter with a strong work ethic, and able to work in an evolving environment.
- Must be comfortable working with people and enjoy interacting, while remaining focused on individual job responsibilities.
- Eager to jump in and learn the foundations of client and business relations in a Production environment.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.