- Chicago, IL, USA
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
- Prepare accurate and high detailed budgets and advising on both high end VFX and fast turn around adaptation work.
- Plan, coordinate and lead projects from storyboard through to final delivery.
- Ensuring correct scheduling of sessions.
- Manage project negotiation and utilize all resources efficiently.
- Work alongside Leads and creative supervisors to track and manage projects.
- Manage resources and ensure a strong line of communication between teams and all support departments.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to supervisors or department heads.
- Oversee the execution of all masters and final client deliveries.
- Reconciling and billing all costs as per client requirements and internal standards.
- Answering client technical queries or liaising with operators or technical staff to obtain and provide requested information.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional atmosphere to each project, being proactive and solution-orientated.
- Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback to appropriate creative, production and operational personnel.
- Monitor and review project demands on creative artists and ensure that they have sufficient support staff and resources for each project.
- Provide ongoing line management during projects, managing the welfare of both creative and production teams.
- Advise clients on post-production techniques and shooting requirements.
- Monitor and ensure the most effective use of the company’s technical, creative and resources to deliver a successful outcome on projects both locally and internationally.
- Keep abreast of new techniques and equipment available on-site.
- Understanding of, and interest in, new trends and developments in the wider field is essential.
- Highly organized
- Exemplary time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work within a team towards a common goal
- Understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Experience as a VFX Producer.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.