Business Affairs Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class services groups, coupled with research and innovation enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video and audio services to content creators and distributors. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
Through its Production Services business unit, Technicolor offers a full set of leading services such as digital content production, video and sound postproduction, and immersive media experiences (such as AR/VR and multimedia installations), to film studios, advertisers, product brands and video game companies, among others.
Technicolor is currently looking for a highly motivated Business Affairs Manager to work across its Mill and MPC US studios to support our Legal, Production and Finance teams. You will report to the Head of Content and Senior Legal and Business Affairs Counsel.
- Review, draft, negotiate and work with Legal to execute a variety of agreements for The Mill and MPC, with particular focus on non-disclosure agreements; PO Terms & Conditions; vendor agreements; clearance licensing and ancillary agreements, including talent, music, location and stock image agreements.
- Assist Production teams in drafting detailed Statements of Work prior to a Legal review, to be appended to Master Services Agreements, in respect of VFX, Production and Creative Technology services.
- Organize and maintain contracts and other Legal files, as well as provide general assistance to the Legal team.
- Retain a database of usage terms on all jobs where Mill and/or MPC have been required to handle clearances.
- Implement process, procedures, and policies across offices.
- See the ‘big picture’ and translate high-level strategy to day-to-day implementation.
- Successfully navigate complex problems by crafting unconventional solutions.
- Help establish and implement compliance and contract best practices.
- Proactive and detail-oriented thinker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Have experience being a good person. Have experience laughing. Be generally positive. Like to sing. Like to work hard. Like your job. Like people.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.