BI / Data Analyst (Power BI)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor’s world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor’s brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor’s artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you’ll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team are expanding its service portfolio and Power BI adoption across Brands within Technicolor. You will work across the organisation to understand their data needs and ensure they are getting the most value and insights from their data.
This is a highly visible and influential team. You will deliver a suite of advanced Power BI dashboards for Senior and Executive Management within Technicolor Production Services.
There are several opportunities available. The successful candidate(s) must be highly skilled in Power BI and a subject matter expert in one or more: Analytics, Data Visualisation or Report Automation.
You will be positioned in the Reporting and Analytics branch of the BI team, reporting to the Global BI Manager and directly support the Senior Analyst.
- Working with the Senior Analyst and business stakeholders to scope and document needs.
- Translating complex data requirements into specifications for the BI Development team.
- Providing work completion estimates to the Senior Analyst and Project Manager.
- Applying SQL to query databases, cleanse, test and align data from disparate sources.
- Designing and producing effective dashboards which promote data driven decision-making.
- Ensuring data integrity, accessibility and documentation is upheld across your portfolio.
- Supporting the Service Desk to troubleshoot and resolve issues with reporting.
- Delivering beginner to intermediate level Microsoft Power BI training (where necessary).
- Data mining, statistical analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, predictive modelling.
- Identifying opportunities, risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Monitoring existing and develop new KPIs and metrics to identify correlations and root causes.
- Identifying the business use case(s) and ‘telling the story’ through data.
- Simplifying analysis using effective Power BI data visualisations and usability features.
- Ensuring data models, queries and processes are optimised and automated.
- Modernising legacy Excel reporting into insightful Power BI reports and dashboards.
- A highly analytical background within a Business Intelligence, Analytics or Data Team.
- Working with Human Resources, Finance, Sales, or Operations Management data.
- Data wrangling, mining and modelling large datasets from different sources.
- Developing visually stunning dashboards in Power BI that provide actionable insights.
- Automating processes using SQL, Microsoft’s Power Suite, VBA/Macros.
- Excellent communication, relationship-building and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in AGILE tooling (JIRA /Confluence) and AGILE processes.
- Working with Cloud based analytics, Azure, Google, AWS (desirable).
- Expertise in Microsoft Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Query/Pivot, VBA, DAX.
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, desirable R, Python.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management or a related field.
- A genuine interest in exploring data, identifying new ways to improve business performance.
- Exceptional attention to detail, commitment to data integrity and service quality.
- Self-starter, learns and adapts quickly.
- Communication style and responsiveness which fosters effective working relationships.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and delivers well under pressure amid tight deadlines.
- Works well in a team environment, willing to share expertise and learn from others.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected]efocus.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.