- Berlin, Germany
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Mill Berlin is The Mill’s newest studio – opening its doors in 2019 to serve the German and wider European advertising and creative communities. The boutique studio in the heart of Berlin includes The Mill's full range of creative services from colour to experiential and interactive, as well as world-class visual effects, design and creative origination.
We are looking for a Production Assistant to join our Berlin studio.
In this role you will support the Production team with the smooth running of the department and projects, including line producing smaller projects as part of your development into a Producer.
You will be required to liaise with clients for the team, including dealing with queries, bookings and deliverables. Good organisation is essential while managing the teams scheduling requests, and responsibility for reconciliation, billing and administration of the team’s projects will also be required.
- Responsible for materials needed for meetings, recording meeting minutes and generating agendas / action lists for attendees as needed
- Maintaining and reviewing action lists ensuring all follow ups
- Assisting Executive Producer/s with bid preparation, risk assessment writing, project costing, interfacing with client and client needs and quality control, as well as any specific job-related issues
- Compiling reference material and pitch content
- Conducting competitive set research
- Keeping decks and showreels up to date with the group’s latest projects
- Keeping our current client and partners database up to date
- Keeping project tracker up to date and reminding Production team to continuously update it with new project information
- Compiling credit list and coordinating BTS video shoot and edit after job wrap
- Efficient response time to client queries and requests
- Increased communication and productivity within the department
- Good working knowledge and relationships with other Mill offices
This position requires a bright, mature, and highly proactive Production Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The role requires diligent attention to detail, impeccable time management skills, and ability to multitask. As this position is privy to highly sensitive information, the Production Assistant must be discreet and confidential at all times.
Experience with scheduling in CETA would be an advantage as well as skills using design packages like InDesign and Google Slides.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Working knowledge of the Production and Post Production process and the UK advertising industry
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to multitask and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Able to take direction but also be proactive in making suggestions and finding solutions
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Drive products.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.