Head of Data Capture
- London, UK
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN UK
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
MPC Film MPC Episodic
Reporting to the Head of Creative Operations, along with the Department Manager the Head of Department is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic management of his/her department.
Managing the team:
- Manage the recruitment, training and integration of new artists into the existing team in accordance with the global needs of the business
- Assign appropriate teams to the various projects, balancing the financial, technical and creative considerations of the task
- Nurture creative vision and technical ability, while ensuring balanced personal and professional development
- Assess performance of the team through appraisals (formal as well as informal), and manage salaries and promotions within the wider considerations of the company
Strategy and technical development
- Have a compelling strategy and vision for the future of the department
- Keep up to date with industry developments and tools
- Ensure the department remains relevant in an ever changing global industry
- Propose and oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques as required for successful and efficient data wrangling and processing.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with our Clients
Show planning and delivery:
- Work with the show production to bid or plan shoots, and ensure the project methodologies, quality and schedule expectations are consistent and achievable
- Create good communication channels with other departments, show production and senior management to ensure complex information is disseminated appropriately
- Ensure that work is delivered to MPC's global standards, on time and on budget
- Attend shoot work when needed, and lead by example
- Assist other artists, departments and supervisors solve issues as they arise during production, delegating work where necessary
Skills and Experience
- Technical Knowledge/Experience:
- Good background as VFX TD of some capacity
- Working knowledge of Linux OS.
- Extensive production experience of VFX photography including use of Roundshot VR Drive.
- Extensive knowledge of Data wrangling on VFX Feature Films & Episodic
- Extensive On-set experience both as part of traditional shoot unit as well more VFX driven environment capture shoots.
- Fluent in Total Station Survey capturing and processing.
- Working knowledge of VFX pipeline
- Knowledge and experience in Shoot planning and execution
- Kit management and planning experience
- Knowledge of Image Processing/ capture techniques for VFX.
- Software: Maya, Nuke, Adobe, Autopanogiga, PTGui, Metashape, Geomagic, FileMaker, 3DE
- Existing leadership and management experience in a leading VFX company or associated industry.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exercise patience, problem-solving and mediation skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and conflict with composure
- Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse organization
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Strong sense of aesthetic
- Excellent team building skills
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of financial impacts of business decisions
- Willingness to travel
- Full UK Driving License
- IPAF License
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.