- Berlin, Germany
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN BERLIN
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
What You’ll Do
The 2D Supervisor is responsible for identifying potential strategies, assessing technical options and evaluating production schedules in Compositing. The 2D Supervisor manages all stages of 2D pre- and post-production.
- Help bid on the Compositing component of shows and provide on-set supervision assistance as needed, specifying the 2D elements that need to be shot
- Collaborates with the VFX Supervisor, Leads and the Heads of 2D/3D to define the creative and technical approach for the show
- Identifies areas of R&D required for the show, outlining new software requirements
- Optimize workflow and identify bottlenecks of problems
- Help set up the job and the color pipeline for the show
- Define and split Compositing work into sequences, delineating which parts of sequence will be 2D / 3D
- Collect appropriate reference material
The 2D Supervisor works closely with Production and the Leads to manage the day-to-day running of the team and ensures that every shot that leaves the Compositing department is scrutinized and approved.
- Arrange regular daily catch-ups with VFX Supervisor and make sure that the responsibilities of the supervision team are established and effective
- Collaborate with the Compositing Department Manager and Leads to assign shots to appropriate compositors according to ability and sequence delineation
- Evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
- Attend desk rounds and dailies sessions to provide feedback and give approvals
- Meet with the Leads regularly to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve work issues
- Communicate shot information to allow for schedule updates
- Collaborate with the CG Supervisor to develop the look and technical set-up for each sequence
- Create or supervise the creation of key shots
- Organize the creation of template scripts for each sequence
- Set neutral, final and temp grades for each sequence
- Check released shots in the cut and ensure continuity and consistency
- Collaborates with Leads and Key Artists to offer technical support and advice on Compositing scripts
The 2D Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid talent Artists including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The 2D Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work on time and on brief.
- Provide feedback on the team’s performance as necessary
- Provide on-going training and evaluation of all 2D and Compositing Artists
- Work with the Talent Team to source and recruit the best talent
- Engage in post-production tasks including creation of showreel material, identifying any specific elements that need to be transferred to the Global library, and post-mortem the show to identify problems that occurred and offer solutions
- Provide feedback on team performance to the Head of 2D / Crew Manager
The 2D Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic:
- Proactively recommends ongoing pipeline improvements and development
- Collaborates with the team during the bidding stages, assessing shots and completing shot breakdowns
- Represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
What You’ll Need
2D Supervisor essentials:
- Strong working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline, VFX shot production and its iteration process including the Client approval process
- Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies
- Strong working knowledge or Nuke
- Strong leadership skills
- Clear and confident communicator
- Problem solver
- Organization skills and a strong ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
- Good ability to work under pressure and able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
- Very creative and design orientated with a strong aesthetic sensibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post-production environment
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- Extensive experience working as a 2D / Compositing Supervisor with high-end film or episodic based VFX pipelines
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.