Head of Production
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN ONTARIO
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry’s top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world’s most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company’s world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Hiring manager for Production Managers, Coordinators and Production assistants;
- The key point of contact for issues arising in Toronto productions, escalating issues and recommendations to and Senior Management team as needed;
- Responsible for developing and monitoring production tools and workflows, especially as they pertain to multi-site work;
- Work with the Senior Management team to help foster the next generation of talent;
- Convey messages and changes that have a significant impact on the crew, including being visible on the floor on a regular basis.
- Work with the Senior Management team to coordinate projects/work between Mr. X sites;
- Accomplish subsidiary show objectives by establishing or assisting in the establishment of plans, budgets, results measurements, allocating resources and making mid-course corrections;
- Work with show Producers and Production Managers to ensure show scheduling is accurate;
- Work with production and creative teams to ensure that deliverables are met within agreed budgets/targets;
- Regularly meet with and work with show Producers and Supervisors to ensure client directives and deliverables are being achieved;
- Oversee show progress and show budgets at pre-set milestones and as required;
- Works with Global Head of Resourcing, and HR to ensure proper resourcing and team allocation for all shows;
- Have overall view of resources and when they are required for shows/departments, including coordinating with Resourcing and HR on the impact of employment contracts;
- Review financial progress of shows with Producers, Finance and Global MD;
- Regularly review and refreshes Project Plans with Toronto Producers;
- Monitor project costs in line with production progress and overall budgetary targets.
- ·Ensure that appropriate senior talent is assigned to the correct show and represents Mr. X in the expected high standards;
- ·Where necessary act as a liaison for senior creative talent and clients;
- ·Work closely with VFX Supervisors & Producers to balance client needs with internal team management, and coach on strategic approach where necessary;
- Maintain and further the profile of Mr. X within the VFX community locally and globally.
- Strong working knowledge of VFX bidding and project management
- Advanced understanding of VFX pipelines
- Strong excel and Shotgun skills
- Producer experience in VFX Feature or Episodic
- Demonstrable client management experience
- 3+ years of training and management experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to oversee, analyze and maintain a budget
- Proven experience with strategic scheduling
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-site
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.