- Montreal, QC, Canada
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry’s top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world’s most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company’s world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
- Work with the VFX Supervisor, Leads and Heads of Departments to define the creative and technical approach for the show
- Identify areas of R&D required for the show
- Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the team
- Work with Production to evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
- Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis
- Attend dailies sessions with the team to give feedback/approvals
- Meet with the Leads on the show on a regular basis to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve such issues
- Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within Mr X's pipeline where possible
- A minimum of 4 years of CG leadership experience on live-action commercial or feature film productions
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An experienced and honed creative eye
- Knowledge of the entire production process, including stage shooting is preferred
- Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage people and projects
- Ability to understand client approval process
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local