- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
MPC expands into Streaming and Episodic VFX with the launch of a specialist division, MPC Episodic. The division offers episodic directors and producers’ access to the pioneering technology and world-class talent behind recent blockbusters such as; The Lion King, Godzilla: King of The Monsters, Detective Pikachu and the BAFTA award winning 1917.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, we at MPC Episodic are delivering new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
Our team is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
Our status as a world-class visual effects facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software, which empowers our artists to create stunning visual effects. MPC has a rich history of technical innovation. We recognise that it is the partnership of leading creativity and technology that delivers spectacular results. We are committed to technology in service of creativity and are constantly exploring new approaches to deliver higher quality.
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally, and we are excited to have you on board with us!
The Unreal Artist is responsible for creating and optimising assets to work within Unreal Engine for Virtual Production (virtual scouting and virtual camera shoots) and throughout the VFX pipeline. An Unreal Artist can balance the aesthetics and technical requirements of assets within the Unreal Engine. To create fantastic immersive worlds and to quickly realise ideas/concepts/generate cinematic content that matches the highest standards of current film VFX.
Unreal Artists work under the guidance and direction of the Show Supervisors, Leads, Head of Discipline
- Creative extensive landscapes in Unreal Engine (terrain sculpting, manual layout placement, procedural scattering, lighting)
- Experience building with Blueprint
- Asset creation for real-time rendering
- Look development within Unreal Engine
- Optimizing Virtual Sets / Rebuilding Assets for real-time rendering
- Communicate progress, scheduling suggestions and feedback to show production and show leadership
- Regularly showing progress to leads and supervisors
Unreal Artist Essentials:
- Good eye and attention to detail. You need to be comfortable with composition, colour and other artistic theories
- Previous experience in the creation of high-end assets for AAA games/cinematic sequences using Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of modelling, sculpting, texturing, shading, lighting
- Expertise in Maya and / or Houdini
Any of the following skills is an advantage:
- Knowledge of layout, shot composition and photography
- Understanding of animation within Unreal Engine - Sequencer / Animation Blueprints/Editor
- Familiarity with a traditional CGI pipeline (Renderman, Arnold, Vray)
- Knowledge of Mudbox or Zbrush
- Knowledge of Mel and/or Python
- Knowledge of Mari / Substance3d (Painter, Designer, Alchemist)
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients
- Excellent ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.