Junior Systems Administrator
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN ONTARIO
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
Mr.X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the junior system administrator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the technical infrastructure of the studio and providing support to all staff in both production and corporate environments.
- Installation of hardware
- Assisting users, remotely and in-person, to diagnose and resolve technical problems and issues including but not limited to printers, file share, permissions, general desktop settings, Wacom, GPU, login/password related issues, applications used in production (Nuke, Maya, Shotgun, Tractor, Adobe suite, Microsoft Office and 365, license servers from various vendors.)
- Desktop and equipment moves - some heavy lifting.
- Reviewing, updating in detail, and resolving all tickets assigned through the automated ticketing system from inception to resolution.
- Communicating clearly, comfortably, and politely to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Contributing to and updating IT related documentation, training material, web pages and asset lists; maintain IT inventory.
- Occasional after hours/weekend work will be required from time to time
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Ability to solve various problems related to the businesses functionality and applications ran on LINUX, OS X and Windows.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to document your work and processes.
- Experience in the visual effects industry is a big plus.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following protocols, NFS,CIFS,LDAP,DNS,DHCP,TCP/IP,802.1x,
- Any exposure to GIT, MySQL, AD, Maya, Nuke, Adobe products, Microsoft Office and 365, vCenter is a plus.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.