Artiste layout / Layout Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
Avec des studios aux quatre coins du globe, MPC est un des leaders mondiaux de l’industrie des effets spéciaux (VFX). Nous créons des images des exceptionnelles et primées par l’industrie du cinéma.Nous sommes toujours à la recherche d’artistes talentueux et qui désirent contribuer aux projets les plus excitants de l’industrie.
Nos équipes de Montréal et de l'ensemble de notre réseau mondial de studios créent des images aussi spectaculaires que stimulantes techniquement, tout en maintenant les plus hauts standards de qualité. Nous recherchons des candidats qui désirent participer au succès de nos projets les plus ambitieux.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The layout team is a key creative group that generates rapid prototypes answering creative questions from the start.
Layout Artists produce pre-viz, post-viz, camera and character blocking to build editorially sound sequences which subsequent CG departments use as the foundation for shot construction. Layout Artists produce high quality, visually appealing dailies.
If you have a passion for layout and have experience with Maya then we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are used to leading teams of Layout Artists - all levels are welcome!
- Create scenes and setups that will be foundations for sequences and shots
- Create scenes and shots by placing characters, props and environments according to the previz, concept or supervisor brief.
- Create visually appealing presentation dailies that matches visual standards of a MPC prototype within given time frame
- Adapt shot staging according to the composition.
- Check the conformity and continuity of the sequences.
- Character/Asset line-ups
- Attend daily progress reviews
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for approval.
You would be an absolute superstar if you possessed the following skills:
- Experience with physical cameras, photography and image composition
- A demonstrable interest in the more technical areas of CGI (Rigging/FX etc.)
- A demonstrable interest in film direction and creation
- A basic understanding of the entire VFX pipeline
- A basic understanding of Nuke and Gimp/Photoshop
- Previous experience working with Renderman
Technical knowledge and skills:
- Generalist experience and knowledge is essential.
- Ability to do animation blocking and simple animation. Put the characters in key poses to define their actions and movements.
- Advance knowledge of camera, cinematography and shot composition
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.