VFX Production Coordinator
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN LONDON
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
We have created a collaborative team environment where Artists and Production work alongside each other to deliver stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The VFX Production Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of quota and inventory on time, Leads, Discipline Shot Teams, VFX Production Managers and Supervision. The VFX Production Coordinator works together with the Production Delivery Team to build a schedule with the Leads in each discipline that matches Producer-set quota, PM schedule and the Discipline Shot Teams.
- Managing the daily schedule ensuring that dates are kept accurate based on when work will be delivered/has completed
- Quota and show reporting
- Escalating any Supervisor notes that may impact quota delivery
- Conducts internal rounds and drives dailies
- Relays accurate and timely notes to the team to ensure completion of actions
- Following the issue management process and escalates to VFX Production Managers when quota is not being met or any concerns regarding Shot Team performance/configuration
- Strategize with Leads on how to best achieve the required work within the assigned days
- Communicate with upstream and downstream departments to ensure that inventory is on-time
The VFX Production Coordinator supports the Production Delivery Team with show management
- Reports resource updates to the Department Manager and VFX Production Manager
- Gathering and preparing sends information for VFX Production Assistants and Editorial to process
- Chasing software tickets for any items preventing work from being delivered
- Helping to support sync queue management and Render Farm priorities
The VFX Production Coordinator champions a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
- Work with Software Team to define functionality requirements for updating or creating new tools
- Complete UAT on new software releases and change requests made by Production
- Be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity
- Act as an ambassador to promote MPC Episodic within the local film community
VFX Production Coordinator essentials:
- Clear and confident communicator
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who can build relationships and manage remote teams
- Previous experience in VFX scheduling
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- MS Office packages
- Knowledge of production scheduling tools e.g. Shotgun
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- VFX Film industry knowledge
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.