Messager / Runner
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Runners are key members of our team who help ensure the smooth running of our Studios as well as providing minor maintenance and other functions. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Runner is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry, then apply today.
Technicolor’s film and episodic VFX studios are a keen investor in talent and many of our Runners progress to roles within our company in the Production department - the team that provides the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget. If an opportunity like this interest and excites you then read on.
The Runner role is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. You'll get to know every inch of our studio as you'll be constantly on the go, which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
Below is a list of tasks that can be performed in the role
- Ensuring kitchens, tea points and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Setting up breakfast daily for our employees.
- Help with miscellaneous administrative tasks such as scanning, filling, printing, etc.
- Organizing & picking up employees’ “Overtime” meals (lunch & dinner).
- External deliveries or pickups to nearby facilities and/or stores.
- Delivering external mail & packages.
- Help calculate, receive & disperse food & office supplies inventory.
- Make sure office equipment is up kept (include: coffee machine, printers, fridges, etc.).
- Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits.
- Preparing lunch meetings for executives.
- Putting out afternoon & evening snacks for employees.
- Organizing ‘Monthlies’ (a company monthly event)
- A smart cookie who can work unsupervised and always with a positive and sunny outlook.
- A friendly, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
- Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
- A 'doer' who can jump in and fix problems when they arise with a solution approach and a keen willingness to learn.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software (word, excel).
- Able to work either day or evening shifts and availability for weekend work as required
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- Customer service experience would be helpful but not essential.
- Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.