SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) II
- Ashburn, VA
New River Systems Corporation provides strategic solutions to Commercial and U.S. Public Sector clients. Our experienced consultants are highly adept at solving complex problems utilizing cutting-edge technology solutions to empower our clients to make more informed business decisions.
We are a privately held, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a vision to become the trusted information technology advisers to our clients while providing superior, cost effective service. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We look forward to working with you to apply our energy towards your business goals.
New River Systems is looking for an SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) II to support our government customer in Ashburn, Virginia. The successful SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) candidate performs many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery, and configuration management. Candidate will be responsible for providing input for modification of procedures and updating documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
- Focus on addressing day-to-day management, support, and troubleshooting activities of the team
- Provide database administration support, oversee environment management, monitor database health (e.g. proactive and reactive responses), resource planning, perform database upgrades and patching, provide backup/recovery, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
- Develop and manage daily operational procedures
- Provide Production database support based on team coverage and pager duty responsibilities
- The Database Administrator position will require an understanding of SQL Server and Oracle technologies.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To be considered for this SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) II candidates:
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with SQL Server Administration
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field and 5 years’ experience; or 1 year of graduate education and 3 years’ experience; or 9 years related experience.
ALL positions require Sec+ certification with 90 days of start to be 8570 compliant.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2+
- Windows PowerShell
- Oracle Experience a plus
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (within
- ITIL Certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.