Database Architect 4
- 530 W Allegan St, Lansing, MI 48929, USA
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
Technamo is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware and Maryland govt. agencies.
Contact us : Kamal, Sr. IT Recruiter, kreddy.at.technamo.com Ph:703-268-4308, www.technamo.com
Analyze data and structure of the legacy database; develop and maintain data models; drive data model review; design and implement replacement Oracle or MS SQL Server relational database, and migrate data. *Must have strong technical and soft skills.
The client is beginning its modernization efforts to replace its primary business application, OBase. This effort will require analysis of both the content and structure of the underlying Oracle database containing 600+ tables, modeling, and design of a new Oracle or MS SQL Server database and migration of existing data to the new database.
Candidate for this position must have excellent soft skills as this person will work closely with both the business and technical teams.
• Support the modernization effort from a data perspective by working closely with both business and technical teams
• Perform current state data model assessments/target data models and gap analysis
• Analyze legacy database, including both data content and structure to derive necessary information
• Define and analyze data requirements needed to support business processes
• Counsel with Subject Matter Experts on specific topics in order to accurately capture existing business rules/principles
• Establish data modeling naming standards, abbreviations, guidelines and best practices
• Develop and maintain conceptual, physical and logical data models
• Drive the data model review process and solicit user’s feedback
• Propose new database architecture, support data migration from an existing Legacy system to a new structure
Years of Experience:
• 12 or more years of experience in the Information Technology field.
• Experience supporting a business from the data perspective with a strong business understanding
• Experience building and validating data models
• Experience using data modeling tools
• Expert understanding of relational databases and proficiency in writing queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
• Expert understanding of database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations and performance levels
• Experience in defining and enforcing data standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure data integrity, dependability, quality and usability
• Experience developing and publishing data architecture standards/guidelines governing data services, data security, and privacy, and data integration
• Strong knowledge of data governance standards
• Ability to develop data migration strategies for moving, duplicating, retiring data from legacy systems to new applications
• Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence in both the business and IT communities
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels
• Proven influencing skills, strong collaboration, and mentoring capabilities
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven track record of achieving results in challenging environments
• Experience in Agile/Scrum development environments
Extensive experience in the Information Technology field as a developer, application architect, or database architect. - Required 12 years.
Effective communication and collaboration skills working with business and technology partners - Required 8 years.
Experience with relational databases including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server -- Required 8 years.
Experience in data analysis, modeling, and database design - Required 6 years.
Experience in data modeling; including conceptual, logical and physical - Required 4 years.
Hands-on experience with data modeling tools - Highly desired 2 years.
Experience with Agile/Scrum development environments - Highly desired 2 years.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.