- McLean, McLean, VA, United States
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
Technamo is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware and Maryland govt. agencies.
This is a FULLTIME position for our client CMMi 5 and ISO 9001 certified company, a leading federal contractor.
“US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor at this time”.
If you are comfortable with the role, please send your updated resume ASAP.
Also, provide the following details,
Availability for In Person Interview at own expenses:
Availability to join:
Work Authorization Status:
Project Manager, McLean, VA
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Project Manager will provide normal project management functions including technical leadership, quality assurance, and decision-oriented recommendations. They will assist the agency IT PMO in all phases of project management to include: project coordination, initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, reporting, and close out including but not limited to developing project artifacts and maintaining the project schedule as needed by the specific program.
- The project manager must have broad technical background in IT to assess, produce, and maintain project artifacts for the planning, execution and monitoring of programs or projects. This includes the development of project/risk assessment records, guidance/training materials and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The successful candidate must be able to develop excellent and persuasive briefing material, program plans, and implementation strategies.
- Assist program and project managers in all phases of project management to include: project coordination, planning, initiation, execution, monitoring, and close out, supporting multiple projects in various stages of the project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain necessary project management lifecycle documentation including Project Charter, Project Management Plan, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Risk Management Plan, Risk Matrix and comprehensive resource-loaded Schedule in support of standard processes and procedures based on the agency’s Acquisition Management System (AMS), the Information Technology organization’s Program/Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), and any of the agency’s service areas Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) that may apply.
- Manage project performance including performance management, risk management, data management, cost, schedule, deliverables, quality, etc.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, or other IT degree. Engineering, math, or science degrees are acceptable substitutes
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Strong Experience with Agile/Scrum environments and ITIL v3 methodology
- Knowledge of technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management, including project coordination, planning, initiation, execution, monitoring and close out
- Expertise in all areas of PMI PMBOK and other project management best practices, including resource allocation, scheduling and critical path analysis
- Experience assisting others in all phases of project management including implementation, and to implement standardized processes and procedures.
- Developing strong working relationships with all program participants and stakeholders
- Effectively work as a team member or a team leader, and understanding team dynamics to promote team effectiveness
- Create and give successful presentation(s) to program managers, management, and customers
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools, and methodology
- Highly organized, energetic, creative, passionate, works well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and across the program
Nice to have:
- MS Degree or higher
- CMMI and ISO working knowledge
- Federal government experience
- Agile and ITIL certification
- Experience managing complex application development and/or infrastructure projects
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.