QA Engineer--Springfield VA-- Fulltime
- Springfield Blvd, Springfield, VA 22150, USA
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
Technamo is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware and Maryland govt. agencies.
A core role within the Software Testing Team, the Software Test Engineer holds primary responsibility for building, maintaining, and executing automated test frameworks to support software development release cycles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop software or utilize existing automation frameworks to build tools which correctly and efficiently provide actionable insight about the quality of an application under test.
2. Improve and extend test frameworks and automated test sets (functional UI tests, API testing, performance testing
3. Review and report results from execution of automated tests.
4. Participate in test planning, test development, test automation, test execution, and resolving defects.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline (or experience providing similar skills and abilities
2. Three years’ software testing experience or similar systems engagement.
3. Experience working as part of an Agile team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
1. Demonstrates quality writing code in a statically typed programming language (e.g. C#, Java
2. Working knowledge of a dynamically typed scripting language (e.g., VB Script, Ruby, Python) desirable.
3. Skilled at writing and maintaining tests in an automated testing framework for web and desktop applications.
4. Applies principles of object-oriented software design in test automation.
5. Functional knowledge of a structured query language.
6. Familiarity with testing tools and techniques, experience with test design and execution.
7. Understanding of software testing practice (some or all of the following testing methods: unit, integration, regression, acceptance testing, user interface automated testing, performance testing
8. Skilled in developing and executing manual and automated test suites.
9. Demonstrated ability to diagnose, report, track and resolve quality issues.
10. Able to write tests for web services.
11. Ability to write shell scripts.
12. Skill to execute website performance tests and analyze results is desirable.
13. Understanding of website performance measures.
14. Basic understanding in administration and monitoring of Windows Servers or Linux
15. Good understanding of IIS a plus.
16. Ability to work and participate in a collaborative team.
17. Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively articulate the status of tasks or results.
18. Skilled at communicating issues in verbal and written form
19. Possesses a natural curiosity about how a system should function.
20. Passion for quality in end-user applications.
21. Demonstrates quality in identifying acceptance criteria and designing test cases from software requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.