QA Analyst-- Springfield VA-- Fulltime
- Springfield Blvd, Springfield, VA 22150, USA
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
Technamo is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware and Maryland govt. agencies.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Support the delivery of quality software products by verifying product design is implemented to meet explicit and implicit requirements. Validate that software functions to fulfill operational needs.
Engage in thorough product testing throughout all phases of development life cycle using a combination of testing methods. The testing aim is to confirm new functionality, assess feature integration across applications, test software performance, and identify issues impacting the continued quality of existing application features.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in test planning, test development, test automation, test execution, and resolving defects.
2. Create test plans and test scripts for new software development.
3. Utilize manual and automated testing tools in the execution of test plans.
4. Revise testing scope and approach based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
5. Verify and report defects identified in testing; track defects to resolution.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. College degree or equivalent years’ experience.
2. Minimum of two years of dedicated experience testing web and desktop applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
1. Knowledge of testing cycles and QA principles with an understanding of the usefulness of different testing methods: functional, integration, system, and regression testing.
2. Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, experience with test design and execution.
3. Functional knowledge of a structured query language is a plus (basic level, e.g. an understanding of table relationships, how to execute common functions).
4. Understanding of software development life cycle.
5. Experience working as part of an agile team.
6. Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues.
7. Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels.
8. Excellent listening skills.
9. Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person.
10. Ability to launch new projects and follow through to completion.
11. Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting capability.
12. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
13. Ability to adapt to changing project scope and requirements.
14. Ability to coordinate with multiple internal teams.
15. Passion for testing and pursuing quality in end-user applications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.