Senior Technical Writer
- Work From Home, Makati, Philippines
We are Australian based consultants who assist companies in the software industry with their technical writing. Our aim is to make our technical writing clear, understandable and informative.
Excellent work deserves to be pleasurable to read and easily understood.
TechScribe, the text of tomorrows technology. Great writing is part formula, part art. The formula is to determine the audience, seek what they desire and relate the subject to that. The art is for the writing to be persuasive and interesting. The reader must want to read, no matter what the subject is.
We are a young and innovative company that aims to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
Our company is looking for a full-time Technical Writer with knowledge and experience in the software industry (have done basic, hands-on software development) to join our team. You will be working from home, collaborating with our onshore team.
The role will primarily be writing technical reports. The content material will be based on the information given by clients and from your own research. There might be instances that you need to listen to the raw file to ensure that the information you will collect is accurate.
You will be working directly for a director of the company and be provided with comprehensive training about the company's technical writing process. This role will suit a fast learner who is able to grasp new technologies quickly.
- Excellent written English skills
- Hands-on (basic) software development experience is REQUIRED (ie: JAVA, .net, etc)
- Passion for writing is necessary
- At least 2 years of experience working in a software or writing role
- Experience in writing reports
- The ability to work independently
- A keen ability to learn and try new things
- Internet connection must be at least 2 mbps (capable of Skype and Audiofile downloads)
- Academic writing experience is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary package starts at Php30,000++ per month (depends on experience)
- 13-month pay
- 20 days paid annual leave (accrued)
- 5 days of sick leave (accrued)
- HMO with 2 dependents
- SSS, HDMF, Philhealth and etc
- Observes Philippine holidays
- Flexible daytime (Philippine) work hours.
- Full-time EMPLOYMENT position
- WORK FROM HOME
***Applicant must be residing in the Philippines***