Restaurant Manager - Applebee's
- 2105 N Squirrel Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326, USA
- Work Location Code: T8076
Detroit Freepress announced TEAM Schostak as a recipient of 2018 & 2019 Top Workplace! (Voted by our Employees!)
Livonia, MI-based TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants takes pride in creating jobs for today that lead to careers for tomorrow. We are a family-owned restaurant group with an expansive portfolio of casual and fast-casual dining restaurants throughout the state of Michigan, including Applebee's, Olga's Kitchen, MOD Pizza, Del Taco, and Wendy's.
We follow our TSFR Roadmap to live out our Core Values-Our People, Delight our Guests, Community, Act with Integrity, Achieve Results.
As an Applebee's leader you get to manage the show.You'll be engaged in all aspects of driving a multi-million dollar business -- from building guest relationships to promoting community involvement. You'll architect tactics to meet sales and profit targets, and integrate our Strategic Blueprint. You are the Brand Ambassador, promoting our One Best Way in every aspect of daily operations.
We're looking for value-driven restaurant leaders who are ready to elevate their career and make the decisions necessary to achieve excellent results.You'll need to have a talent for coaching and mentoring others to provide excellent service to your guests, and you'll need to have a passion for the restaurant industry. A mastery of Restaurant Operational Basics is a must, along with a willingness to do what is necessary to be successful and have fun along the way.
Restaurant Manager Functions, but are not limited to:
1. Manages Restaurant Environment
- Directs overall activities and performance of Team Members on a shift by shift basis.
- Breeds a culture using the Vision / Mission statement to guide Values.
- Ensures guest experience as a priority with self, utilizing a target goal of 100% table visitation.
- Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift to shift basis.
- Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
- Effectively schedules Team Members to meet sales demands.
- Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards. Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Advises GM of any non-routine situations.
2. Manages Team Members Performance
- Recruitment and conducts thorough interviews.
- Promotes training procedures of new managers and team members.
- Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, associate meetings and implementation of company policy.
- Determines job assignments on a shift by shift basis.
- Demonstrates proper execution of training systems
- Performance Management
- Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Acts as coach to all Team Members.
3. Maintain Controls.
- Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
- Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
- Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the GM’s request and is accountable for completion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the GM.
- Assist GM for the development of Hourly Managers and Team Members.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork from Team Members by breeding a culture derived from our Mission / Vision.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Completes all assignments and duties properly and on schedule.
- Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
- Provides a role model for managers and Team Members.
- Exhibits a professional image.
- Develops self on all store related technology.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management of Hospitality Management is not required but preferred
-3-5 years restaurant management
-Ability to remain calm under stressful situations
-Ability to communicate effectively
-Mobility required during the entire shift (bending,twisting, etc.) along with the ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Competitive Benefit Plan: Health/Dental/Vision
- Vacation & PTO
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Development programs
- Flex Plan Opportunity
- Free Tuition with Cleary University (Employee and Family!)
- 25% discount at all of our brands
- Employee Discount Program (Offers exclusive discounts to Sporting Events, Concerts, Trips, and more!)
TEAM Schostak Family Restaurants reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of its business.