Head of Product (m/ f/ d)
- Friedrichstraße, Berlin, Germany
Twago is a successful, internationally active enterprise on its way to becoming an established online company. The company was acquired by Randstad Holding in 2016, but is operated as a stand-alone entity. We are changing the world of work by connecting freelancers and business clients from all over the world in order to successfully manage various projects.
Last year we launched a new white label platform (twago enterprise) which allows large companies (Fortune 500) to directly connect to freelancers using their own brand. Our first clients are life, and the sales funnel is highly promising. The feedback of the market is overwhelming and we currently have more demand than we can deliver.
In line with the Randstad strategy, we want to combine High Tech with High Touch. Translated to twago we want to add touch experience in the matches of our clients and freelancers. For that, we work with the newest methodologies like growth hacking, agile development and have a strong marketing automation focus.
We are looking for a business-minded tech entrepreneur who wants to take on the challenge to lead our design and product team. You will be responsible for every element of the product from strategy and conceptualization to launch to past-launch performance. You will work with different systems throughout our process landscape and part of your work will be to constantly question the way we work and think of possibilities to automate tasks and streamline processes. We are looking for a leader who builds a product that avails itself as sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business while also creating a new standard in how freelancers and large enterprises work together. The position will be highly visible across the company and promises tremendous opportunity for growth. Ideally, you have the capacity to grow into an operational director role within the company.
Your role as Head of product
● Work closely with the Managing Directors to support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company and need to translate business targets into technical specifications and vice-versa
● Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define the product vision and strategy based on the business objectives, key results, market-research and feedback from our corporate clients
● Ensure understanding of market direction, emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product and engineering teams can design and implement new products and offerings
● Stay on top of competition and trends in the market and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions
● Create and execute an ambitious product road-map and contribute to the business KPIs
● Rapidly iterate and constantly improve the platforms, ensuring that these drive innovation and key business metrics
● Enhance existing products and engage with sales, customers, marketing and partners to own the overall success of the business and drive market adoption
● And last but not least: Be the source of inspiration and motivation for the team, communicate the vision and goals to the team. Be available and accountable to the team.
What you should bring in
● 5-7 years of product management experience and a track record of game-changing product solutions, from vision to shipped product preferably (as an entrepreneur) in the HR industry
● Ability to synthesize customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and business strategy into product concepts and requirements.
● Strong analytical mind with a profound understanding of implementation requirements & challenges
● A sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem solving
● A solid track record building; leading and developing a high-performing, agile, cross-functional teams across product, growth, experience, product design and data
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
● Ability to communicate concisely to all levels from CEO over software engineers to management in Fortune 500 companies
● Successfully finished studies of computer science, design thinking, economics, or any related technical discipline
What's in it for you
• Working on a product that is already today changing the world of contingent labor
• Tremendous growth opportunity within the company and within the group
• Working alongside an experienced, enthusiastic and international team of 25 professionals
• Competitive salary and very attractive office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg)
• A fantastic opportunity to learn and do more outside of your current comfort zone
• Opportunity to bring in and realize your own ideas
• Fresh fruits, drinks and company lunch every week
Become a part of our team!
Please send your application as “Head of Product” with your availability and salary expectations addressed to Laura Christenhuß. We look forward to meeting you.