Business Development, Media Outreach Coordinator
- 290 Utah St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Taylor Stitch is a mens lifestyle company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We craft responsibly-built staples, designed to look and function just as well in the city as they do in the great outdoors.
We've made it our mission to challenge the way the clothing industry operates. How? By improving the way we source, the way we sew, and the way we sell. We're always striving for the best way to craft products that will stand the test of time. Taylor Stitch is responsibly built for the long haul.
Taylor Stitch is looking for a full-time Outreach Coordinator to join our Marketing Team, in San Francisco, CA.
This role will be responsible for helping bring the Taylor Stitch brand to life across media & press channels. This role will be responsible for contributing to the overarching marketing strategy through media and partnership outreach. We launch products each week of the calendar year, so the ability to maintain the brand aesthetic and message, while maintaining a high volume of workload is key.
The ideal candidate has a passion for relationship building, with his/her eye on the latest menswear product trends and brands. Candidates should be able to identify new partnership opportunities while also nurturing an existing base of media relationships. Daily projects will include press/influencer outreach with digital communications and product seeding, building media kits, writing editorial narratives, and collaborating with our Marketing team on larger brand moments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute publicity strategies and campaigns to promote Taylor Stitch brand initiatives.
- Develop and cultivate strong ties with media partners to help generate press opportunities.
- Liaise with editors, influencers and other members of the media.
- Pitch notable products and brand moments to secure press coverage.
- Draft and distribute concise and compelling stories for press outreach in a variety of formats (including writing press releases and creating media kits.)
- Coordinate photo, sample, and product information requests.
- Maintain up-to-date pulse on new promotional opportunities and on the progress of current PR campaigns.
- Present and communicate ideas, progress, rationale, and process to cross-team stakeholders.
- Build large pipeline of new media partners, influencers and affiliates.
- Pitch new partnership and media ideas to management and leadership.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Public Relations or a related degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimally one year of professional experience (bonus points for startup and DTC consumer experience).
- Excellent writing/grammar skills.
- Sharp wit and sense of humor.
- Comfortable using various communication channels for proactive outreach —Phone, Email, Direct Message, In-Person, etc.
- You possess a high level of positive energy and focus in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- You thrive on team collaboration and leave any ego at the door.
- You are a quick and nimble problem solver.
- You pay acute attention to detail and care about delivering work at the highest quality.
- You are able to work in ambiguity, take initiative, and prioritize under tight timelines.
- You practice, and understand the importance of making data-driven decisions.
- You have an affinity for apparel and the retail industry at large.