Human Resources Intern
- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
- Screening Questions: Test
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. You can find out more about us at www.taxnotes.com
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting in administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet company objectives.
- Prepares for new hires and processes new hire paperwork.
- Conducts reference checks and schedules interviews as requested. May assist with writing and placing job advertisements according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares offer letters, raise memos, and various other business memos according to established procedures.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assists with coordination of company-wide events, milestone anniversary celebrations, training seminars, and other HR-related events.
- Assists with documentation audits.
- Maintains HR supplies including benefits forms, brochures, and new hire packets.
- Performs other general administrative duties such as filing, ordering flowers, copying and data entry.
- Updates organizational chart and staff map.
- Handles confidential material discreetly and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet
- Flexibility and time management skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Currently obtaining BA or BS in Human Resources, Business, or related field, or equivalent in experience, strongly preferred
- Human Resources experience a plus
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.