Customer Service Representative
- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
- Screening Questions: Test
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200.
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Hours are 8:30-5:30, Mon-Fri, with option for remote work up to 3 days/week.
SUMMARY: Provides sales and customer support to the department. Assists the sales executives with orders, renewals, and general customer interactions. Performs all normal duties necessary to assist customers with product or website access questions and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist clients with technical issues, including log-in/access to website and browser troubleshooting.
- Assists sales executives with orders, renewals, and other general customer interactions to maintain assigned territory client accounts.
- Monitor status of ongoing project: run Drupal reports to determine customers who have never signed in to their account; send “sign-in” outreach communications to encourage users to access our website; resolve issues as applicable.
- Monitors the customer service inbox and responds to all customer inquiries. Provides direct customer phone support for issues relating to subscriptions, billing, product information, fulfill orders, and other related account management activities.
- Calls existing customers to determine satisfaction levels, training needs, and to answer questions.
- Manages subscriptions and users in NetSuite CRM by recording and maintaining accurate customer information in the database.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of Tax Analysts’ products and industry trends.
- Elicits and gathers client feedback in products and conveys information to sales executives. Actively seeks out and passes sales leads to the appropriate sales executive.
- Develops a consultative approach and adds value to customers and prospects through knowledge and expertise.
- Works with current clients in assigned territory to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction; keeps customers informed about available services, prices, and new products. Passes along upsell opportunities to appropriate sales executive.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of level 1 technical support requests
- Understanding of how subscription-based websites work; ability to identify registration and log-in issues
- Ability to interact naturally and comfortably with high-level executives
- Tenacity and resourcefulness in resolving client issues
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain rapport
- Superior customer-focused attitude
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Works well in a team environment
- BA degree or equivalent in experience preferred
- 1+ year of customer service support experience required
- Must have basic sales skills
- Experience with NetSuite or Salesforce, Mailchimp and Google Analytics preferred
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.