- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
- Screening Questions: Test
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200.
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY: Develop, maintain, support, and continuously enhance Tax Analysts’ enterprise content management system and associated content delivery platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet the department’s objectives.
- Design APIs, queries and other custom searches against MarkLogic databases.
- Design, develop, and integrate application components using service-oriented architectures.
- Working with DevOps, ensure optimize and administer the MarkLogic environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of MarkLogic 9 and NoSQL application development.
- Experience with NoSQL/SQL database design and management.
- Experience and be able to model the data and content for ETL.
- Ability to plan and implement REST APIs to support other applications.
- Familiar with MarkLogic server architecture, high availability and disaster recovery, setup and configuration, and maintenance activities.
- Familiarity with structured data, including JSON, XML, XHTML, and RDF.
- Familiarity with Semantic web, entity extraction, and natural language programming.
- Knowledge of web and enterprise content management system best practices, architecture, and design.
- Familiarity with code repository/source control system (e.g. Git, Bitbucket), and continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo).
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Well-organized, cross-functional, and able to deliver.
- Highly motivated, good attention to detail, and able to follow through on tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal staff from across the organization and external consultants.
- Embraces change, willing to assume new responsibilities, exercises positive thinking.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Four years of related work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 5 + years of software development experience.
- 3 + years of NoSQL/MarkLogic development/administration experience.
- 2 + years using AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, etc.
- 2 + years of enterprise content management system development experience in complex systems.
- 1+ year of working experience as a development team member in a rapid product and software development environment using Agile/Scrum.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.