- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
- Screening Questions: Test
Founded in 1970, we are the premier global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200.
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Based in corporate office, works independently to write tax-related news stories by attending scheduled meetings, press conferences, and events for Tax Notes Today State, one of our online daily publications. Conducts interviews, research, and fact-checking. Maintains contacts with government officials, private practitioners, and other sources. Participates in weekly editorial meetings.
- Researches, reports, and writes stories or other news content for print and electronic publications as requested by the editors.
- Covers scheduled tax-related state events, press conferences, and hearings or developments as assigned.
- Collects information by obtaining press kits, government releases, other documents, and interviews; does thorough research. Develops a “beat” as assigned by the editors, and a network of sources knowledgeable about that beat.
- Coordinates story ideas and writing assignments with editorial staff as needed. Attends editorial meetings.
- Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
- May be required to travel to cover tax-related events in other cities.
- Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
- May use social media to engage with readers and build source networks.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work well under daily deadline pressure and adjust to changing priorities
- Superior communication skills are essential to effectively interact with top government officials and their staffs, academics, lobbyists, and tax practitioners
- Must be able to use a laptop to connect to network remotely and transfer stories in a timely manner
- Familiarity with online publishing highly desirable
- Must be capable of aggressively pursuing all angles of a given story
- Must be willing to travel
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance (in corporate office or at assigned events)
BA in English, writing, or journalism, or equivalent in experience required
One to two years of relevant tax or budget reporting experience required combined with writing experience; knowledge of tax issues preferred
Proficiency with MS Windows, Word, and Internet searching
Knowledge of Lexis/Nexis a plus
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.