Content and Acquisitions Manager
- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY: Solicits and manages outside author contributions and other editorial content for publication. Establishes and manages network of authors and potential authors. Develops strategies to increase reader engagement and promote content, then plans and coordinates these initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet the department’s objectives.
1. Manages the acquisitions team, primarily responsible for the solicitation of articles, as well as the establishment and maintenance of relationships with outside authors.
2. Uses data and customer driven insights to create innovative strategies to engage the readership. Plans and coordinates new initiatives.
3. Assesses trends in the tax publishing arena, maintaining a solid understanding of the market, the competitors and the end users. Keeps abreast of current events through pertinent literature, media, and contacts with government officials, tax professionals, industry groups, and others.
4. Works with Editors in Chief to ensure regular evaluation and coverage of timely tax topics, and to send new topic and material request to outside authors as needed.
5. Works with Executive Editor to evaluate content produced by current and potential authors, and to ensure efficient allocation of outside author budget.
6. Works with Editors in Chief to produce, edit, and coordinate special projects and magazine features, including anniversary, year-in-review, special supplements, and other longer-term pieces.
7. Oversees outside author payments.
8. Enters information in the content management system.
9. May participate in planning company-sponsored conferences, roundtable discussions, etc.
10. Responds to internal and external queries related to content.
11. Occasionally edits for substance, style, and accurateness, conducts research as needed, and ensures proper citation style, according to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Highly motivated and well-organized
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills and the ability to build strong business relationships.
- Driven to innovate and find creative solutions to big picture problems.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of writing and editing concepts and principles
- Able to evaluate content for grammar, clarity, and coherence
- Ability to work under deadline pressure in a team environment
- Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Word
- BA in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent in experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience required, management experience preferred
- Experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Previous experience in tax publishing, online publishing or at a trade publication preferred
- Experience with data analytics (editorial analytics specifically) and database management
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.