Executive Assistant to CEO
- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
The Executive Assistant directly supports Tax Analysts’ CEO and provides a full range of executive-level administrative functions including scheduling, time management, travel and meeting arrangements. The EA will act a liaison between the CEO and the management team, internal and external contacts, and the Board of Directors.
- Actively manage the CEO’s schedule, including scheduling all meetings, conference calls & appointments, working with the CEO to prioritize time allocation, and dynamically adjusting daily, weekly, and monthly schedules as conditions and priorities evolve.
- Represent the CEO and act as a liaison between them and their management, Tax analysts staff, board members and external contacts.
- Act as the CEO’s first point of contact, responding to all e-mail or telephone requests for meetings, speaking engagements, and other commitments.
- May assist with management of executive's budget and expenses.
- Handle confidential information relevant to the strategy of the business
- Create, manage and maintain organizational tools to assist CEO with goal tracking or special projects.
- Anticipate travel needs of CEO and coordinate travel arrangements. Prepare CEO and provide logistical support during travel.
- Manage all aspects of meeting planning – most importantly for the two board meetings that take place every year. The EA will lead communication for the meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and coordinating logistics (catering, location, board member travel and accommodations).
- Support and enable board interactions throughout the year, including maintaining and updating Board Effect organizational software
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently with high degree of autonomy
- Ability to quickly address issues and resolve problems, making recommendations and proposing alternatives
- Ability to take proactive ownership and manage multiple projects
- Integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to step into relationships as an extension of the executive
- Professional communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to the situation
- Demonstrated values of teamwork and collaboration
- Effective at building business relationships with people at all levels of an organization, in and outside of the company
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- At least 5 years previous experience supporting C-suite level executives
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite, including expert Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Extensive experience booking and managing travel and meeting arrangements
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Highly professional written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.