- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
SUMMARY: Works under general supervision. Prepares material for print and electronic publications, including writing, editing, proofreading, tracking the daily flow of documents, and coordinates with print and electronic production staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial department objectives.
1. Manages the daily flow of documents from editorial to production, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Monitors progress of documents through the Content Management System. Makes corrections as necessary.
3. Writes and edits abstracts, summaries and short news releases. Checks for content accuracy, grammar, spelling, and consistency, in accordance with established policies and procedures, and company style guide.
4. Conduct web-based research to find treaties, news releases and other information, utilizing website monitoring software.Checks electronic publications each day and sends corrections to Online Quality Assurance.
5. May edit magazine galleys weekly. Checks document numbers in stories, proofreads and lightly copy edits news stories, and reads news headlines. May assists magazine editor in final assembly of galleys for print production.
6. Works closely with production department and other editorial departments each day to coordinate document production and maintain publication standards.
7. Maintains events calendar.
8. Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
9. Trains new hires and gives feedback on work.
10. Edits monthly column written by the editorial assistants.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
q Good interpersonal skills
q Ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced team environment
q Strong Writing Skills
q Must possess strong organizational skills
q Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Windows
- BA in English, journalism, related field, or equivalent in experience required
- 4+ years of experience in writing, editing or copy editing material for print and electronic products
- Knowledge of standard style manuals
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.