- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
Solicits, edits, and manages outside author contributions and other editorial content for publication. Solicits article submissions and new columns. Attends various events to meet with authors and potential authors. Develops new regular columns for publication. Supervises acquisitions staff, including personnel responsible for author relations and correspondent management. Works with commentary staff to accept and reject article submissions and tracks the work flow of all commentary. Manages special projects, particularly important anniversary articles and features. Works to acknowledge and thank outside contributors on an annual basis.
1. Reads and reviews potential articles for publication from both in-house and outside authors.
2. Tracks commentary workflow for all outside contributions.
3. Solicits outside material, including new regular columnists, on a regular basis.
4. Works with editors and editors in chief to create and manage special features.
5. Manages acquisitions staff, overseeing article administration, outside author agreements, reprint requests, and payments.
6. Keeps abreast of current events through pertinent literature, media, and contacts with government officials, tax professionals, industry groups, and others.
7. Manages programs for maintaining relationships with potential and current authors.
8. Creates and oversees projects to promotes Tax Notes as a publication forum across all print, website, and social media platforms.
9. Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
10. May participate in company-sponsored conferences, roundtable discussions, etc.
11. Helps produce, edit, and coordinate special magazine features, including anniversary, year-in-review, and other longer-term pieces.
12. Responds to internal and external queries related to content.
13. Edits for substance, style, and accurateness, conducts research as needed, and ensures proper citation style, according to established policies and procedures.
14. Coordinates acknowledgement of outside contributors on an annual basis.
- BA in related field, or equivalent experience required, J.D. or LL.M. preferred.
- Four years of experience in writing, editing or copy editing print and electronic products, including experience in substantive editing of print documents for online presentation.
- Previous experience in tax publishing or practice.
- Knowledge of standard style manuals preferred.
Strong knowledge of writing and editing concepts and principles.
- Technical expertise in tax-related subject matter, generally acquired through education, but may also be acquired on the job.
Ability to apply knowledge of tax law and writing concepts in a flexible, appropriate manner to diverse media and formats.
Ability to work under deadline pressure in a team environment.
Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Word.
Familiarity with online publishing and web-content management.
Highly motivated and well-organized.
Must be able to evaluate content for grammar, clarity, and coherence.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.