- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
Works under minimal supervision. Prepares material for print publications, including editing, proofreading, tracking the daily flow of documents, and coordinates with production staff.
- Edits articles for weekly magazine. Checks for content accuracy, grammar, spelling, citation style, and consistency.
- Corresponds with outside authors on galleys, author agreements, and general inquiries. Follows up with production on author changes and with the author on second and third galleys.
- Complies and writes information for weekly columns. Attends hearings or conferences as needed.
- Formats manuscripts from outside authors.
- Works closely with production department and other editorial departments each day to coordinate document production and maintain publication standards. Participates in the final galley read on production day.
- Handles weekly print count and mailing lists.
- Attends training and becomes staff “expert” on new software and procedures (CMS).
- Maintains group email inbox by sending communications to appropriate person and answering inquiries as applicable.
- Fills in for managing editor in absence.
- BA in English, journalism, related field, or equivalent in experience required
- 4+ years of experience in editing or copy editing material for print and electronic products
- Knowledge of standard style manuals
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced team environment
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.