CNA/ Resident Assistant (Weekend shifts only)
- 2516 Lakeshore Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32312, USA
Tapestry Senior Living…Interweaving tradition, innovation, technology and service to support each resident and their family
Tapestry Senior Living serves seniors and their families with a philosophy of person-centered care. We understand each individual is unique and we strive to support them along their journey.
Tapestry Senior Living of Tallahassee
POSITION TITLE: Certified Caregiver
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Department
SUPERVISOR: Director of Clinical Services
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated
health-related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and
emotional well-being for those residents living at Tapestry Senior Living of
Tallahassee. This position assists residents with tasks of daily living as indicated on the Service Agreement, the Medication Administration Record (MAR), and other services as delegated by the Director of Clinical Services.
- High School education and C.N.A or HHA Certificate preferred.
- Experience in working with older adults.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
This position requires the incumbent to:
- Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
- Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff and
- Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions,
correspondence and documentation, including medical terminology, in
- Be punctual with a good attendance record.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Understand how to use, carry and be responsible for the cell phone while on duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
Job Function: Provide personal and direct care to residents
Assist residents with activities of daily living as indicated on their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to dressing, showering, grooming, toilet assistance and escorting).
Assist residents with daily room order and light housekeeping.
Assist residents with personal laundry duties, which may include ironing.
Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
Promote independence, not dependence, with residents offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
Perform routine procedures as delegated by the Director of Clinical Services.
Job Function: Documenting and reporting
- Document any changes in residents’ condition in the client chart and communication
log. Report these changes to the Director of Clinical Services.
- Completes incident reports according to policy.
- Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting procedures when
performing these tasks.
- Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in residents’ condition.
- Documenting duties completed with residents on the service delivery record during each
- 2+ years of experience in a similar setting (assisted living facility expereience preferred)
- Self-motivated, patient, and upbeat personality
- Flexible schedule
- Able to work every other weekend at least
- Team player