- Ashburton, New Zealand
Talley’s is a successful and well known brand, operating several plants throughout the South Island, as well as having many diversified interests in seafood, frozen vegetables, meat and dairy products. We currently have vacancies available at our Fairton Plant located 10 minutes drive from Ashburton.
We have a vacancy for a Coldstore Supervisor to join our team. We are seeking an Individual who thrives on everyday being different from the one previous. Reporting to the Coldstore Manager you will be responsible for Maximising efficiencies in the Coldstore, while meeting DIFOT and all the required standards including Health & Safety, Quality & Food Safety. Nurturing guidance and support of the staff is expected to maintain morale and boost training, while stimulating continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years’ experience (preferred) in a similar role within the food industry
- Warehousing experience - Dry, frozen and chilled product & a good understanding of cold chain management
- F- Endorsement or Osh Licence and be a competent forklift driver.
- Organisational skills and a systematic approach to operations and problem solving.
- Demonstrated computer skills especially MS Office packages.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated team leadership
- A high standard of professionalism.
- Consistency of leadership
- Willingness to learn and educate others.
- Initiative and ability to think on their feet and identify practical solutions to business problems.
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt and be agile to change.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
What will you get in return?
- great remuneration dependent on your experience
- a permanent full-time position with 12 hour shifts and 4 on 4 off rosters
- a great work life balance - know what you will be working a month or two down the track
Talleys operate a drug free environment. All candidates will be required to under-go pre-employment and random drug screening. Applicants will need to be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand